DESCRIPTION: Why do U.S. doctors continue to recommend colonoscopies when most other countries recommend less invasive colon cancer screening methods?
Serious harm in 1 out of 350 colonoscopies? See the last video for all the gory details: What to Take Before a Colonoscopy (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what to-take-before-a-colonoscopy).
Too often, truly informed consent is a joke in modern medicine. See:
• The Actual Benefit of Diet vs. Drugs (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/The-Actual-Benefit-of-Diet-vs-Drugs)
• Why Prevention is Worth a Ton of Cure (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Why-Prevention-is-Worth-a-Ton-of-Cure)
• Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fully-consensual-heart-disease-treatment/)
• Everything in Moderation? Even Heart Disease? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/everything-in-moderation-even-heart-disease)
• Drugs and the Demise of the Rice Diet (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Drugs-and-the-Demise-of-the-Rice-Diet)
How do you know if your doctor is on the take? Check out my video next week entitled Find Out If Your Doctor Takes Drug Company Money (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/find-out-if-your-doctor-takes-drug-company-money).
If the content of this video was as enlightening (and infuriating) for you as it was for me, please consider making an end-of-year tax-deductible donation (https://nutritionfacts.org/donate/) to the nonprofit organization that keeps NutritionFacts.org going. All of my time is volunteered, but there are staff and server costs to keep videos like these coming to you free-of-charge year-round.
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-we-all-get-colonoscopies-starting-at-age-50 and he’ll try to answer it!