DESCRIPTION: Dr. Walter Kempner was a pioneer in the use of diet to treat life-threatening chronic disease, utilizing a diet of mostly rice and fruit to cure malignant hypertension and reverse heart and kidney failure.
For those unfamiliar with Dr. Esselstyn’s work, check out:
• Cavities and Coronaries: Our Choice (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/cavities-and-coronaries-our-choice/)
• Fully Consensual Heart Disease Treatment (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/fully-consensual-heart-disease-treatment/)
• Evidence-Based Medicine or Evidence-Biased? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/evidence-based-medicine-or-evidence-biased/)
• One in a Thousand: Ending the Heart Disease Epidemic (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/one-in-a-thousand-ending-the-heart-disease-epidemic/)
Kempner was a lifestyle medicine pioneer. What’s lifestyle medicine? See, for example:
• Lifestyle Medicine: Treating the Causes of Disease (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/lifestyle-medicine-treating-the-causes-of-disease/)
• Convincing Doctors to Embrace Lifestyle Medicine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/convincing-doctors-to-embrace-lifestyle-medicine/)
• What Diet Should Physician’s Recommend? (http://www.nutritionfacts.org/video/what-diet-should-physicians-recommend/)
Lots more videos on Kempner’s accomplishments coming up—stay tuned! If you haven’t subscribed to daily, weekly, or monthly videos you can subscribe for free at http://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe.
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/kempner-rice-diet-whipping-us-into-shape/ and he’ll try to answer it!